Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alone

Tears alone in the corner
Feeling as empty as the room
Gnashing at the walls, at the air
At anyone here who will listen
But I'm alone, so it's just me
Wishing for God, praying for a breeze
Some comforting arms in this cold
Turning in the darkness
Pain is like needles against hope
Unbelievable things dancing in my thoughts
Unanounced guests of despair, jealousy
Knives in the dark, and I am alone
Burning passion lingering longer
Against the waves of time and cruelty
Putting out the lights, killing reason
Ransomed for a piece of ignorance
Destroyed for this wordless haze
I cannot comprehend this phrase
Where is the meaning in this pain
I am not the person I used to be now
I am alone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Now I can SEE your band, too. My heart cries as well.

I'm here.